HypnoBirthing® With Isis
This is not the way that your baby will arrive.
The concept of HypnoBirthing® is not new, but rather a "rebirth" of a philosophy of birthing as it existed thousands of years ago and as recaptured in the work of Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, an English obstetrician, who, in the 1920s, was one of the first to advance the concept of natural birthing. The method teaches you that, in the absence of fear and tension, or special medical circumstances, severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of giving birth.
If you choose this method of birthing your baby, you will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony (as they were designed to) when your body is sufficiently relaxed and when you are able to trust in yourself and your own innate ability and in what will happen during the birth. You will learn how to achieve this kind of relaxation, free of the resistance that fear creates and you will learn to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene and comfortable birth.
When you have your baby with HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep. You will experience a sensation similar to daydreaming or of focusing, that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or film or perhaps staring into a fire.
You will be aware of what is going on, feeling totally relaxed, but fully in control. Awake throughout, you will be aware of your body's surges and your baby's progress; but because you will have trained yourself to reach complete relaxation, you will be able to determine the degree and the manner in which you will feel the surges.
"When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change."
Marie F. Mongan
"My dream is that every woman, everywhere, will know the joy of a safe, satisfying birth for both her baby and herself - one she’ll not need to forget.”
Marie F. Mongan
You will experience birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear that prevents the muscles of your body from functioning as nature intended them to. In this calm state, your body's natural relaxant, endorphins, replace the stress hormones that constrict and cause pain.
HypnoBirthing® Practitioners are highly qualified birthing professionals who have distinguished themselves through education, experience, motivation, and dedication to the principles and philosophy of HypnoBirthing® and mother-directed birthing. Additionally, each must meet the requirements as set down by the Executive Board of the HypnoBirthing® Institute.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
- Visualising gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualisation
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labour Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
- Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labour moves along – passing time through labour
- Hallmarks of labour
- If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labour advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby
A Note about the HypnoBirthing® Institute
Some therapists/websites are advertising “hypnobirthing”, “hypno-birthing”, “hypnobirth”, “Hypno Birthing”, or just “hypnosis for childbirth” or even "HypnoBirthing". The HypnoBirthing® Institute is the originator of the HypnoBirthing® method. As the foremost authority in the field, it has provided detailed and credible instruction over more than 22 years to thousands of women in the UK and around the world, helping them and their babies to have a calm, easier, safer and more comfortable birth.
Having been trained to the highest level and fully qualified to teach the HypnoBirthing® programme, Julie Leigh (MNCH (Reg) HPD, Dip.HPsych, Dip.NLP, Cert.SM, Cert.CBT, Cert.Depressive Disorders, BA, CQSW, current CRB checked) is a registered member and affiliate of the HypnoBirthing® Institute. Her courses, teaching methods and on-going professional development are continually monitored and fully comply with the Code of Ethics and rigorous quality assurance standards of the Institute. Julie holds appropriate public liability and professional indemnity insurance, is CRB checked and is a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy.